Founded in 2003 by current owners Jon and Lorraine Boulton, we are industry leaders in providing bespoke materials handling solutions for a broad spectrum of industrial and manufacturing applications and pride ourselves on the competitive edge that our solutions provide our customers.
We provide equipment across the UK, Europe and throughout the world across a number of industry sectors. We are incredibly proud of our customer relationships and we are constantly striving to innovate and add value to their processes.
Our fantastic in house design and development team and field engineers are fully supported by our state of the art manufacturing and engineering facility in Taunton, Somerset. No matter what the application, our customers have the confidence that this combination of industry leading expertise and facilities will provide them with an optimal solution to their individual handling requirements.
All of our equipment and systems are designed and manufactured in-house. Our Mechanical Design Department uses Autodesk Inventor 2015 for all 3D design, documentation and product simulation ensuring that all of our products are fully functional before going to manufacture.
In addition to this our Electrical Design and Controls Department is conversant with a wide range of controls systems and follows the latest technology developments.
SCM is situated about 4 miles out of Taunton, in the heart of Somerset.
In 2010 a strategic decision was made to expand operations and so we relocated to a larger facility that could accommodate our needs.
Our state of the art manufacturing facility boasts 18,000 square feet of floor space spread across three separate workshops giving us capacity to build systems concurrently.
An open plan design office houses both our mechanical and electrical design teams allowing them to knowledge share and work in an incredibly collaborative way. The facility is also home to all of our back office and aftersales staff who work tirelessly to ensure that we maintain our high standards of customer service.
Our Core Values
Our business is built on our core values, values that are at the heart of everything we do.
• Safety: The safety of our customers and staff is our number one priority and drives everything we do.
• People: Constantly investing in the ongoing development and happiness of our team is an integral part of our business.
• Relationships: Our business relies on the strength of our relationships with both suppliers and customers.
• Innovation: We constantly challenge our team to innovate and push the boundaries of ground breaking design.
• Engineering Excellence: We pride ourselves on our industry leading designs and materials handling equipment.